‚The Red Brick High School’ is the oldest high school in Starogard Gdański. It was founded in 1880. Its origins date back to the times of the Prussian occupation.
In 1920 mother tonque was introduced in our school. It was also handed under the management of the Polish authorities.
During World War II a lot of students and professors were murdered, others died in nazi extermination camps or during The Warsaw Uprising. To commemorate their sacrifice a memorial plate is laid into a school wall with an inscription “Dulce et decorum est pro Patria mori.” („It is sweet and glorious to die for one’s country.”)
[important]Translated by: Karol Bunikowski[/important]